Tests are performed Monday-Friday between 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM. You have two test options:
- Antigen-Rapid – BD Veritor Cost $89/test
The BD Veritor is considered to be 84% accurate. This test is common for general knowledge and some workplace and travel reasons. Please check with your workplace or travel to confirm which test they require. We recommend that this is more accurate if someone has symptoms. If symptoms are not present, this test can have some false negatives due to limited sensitivity. Usefulness may be limited if the suspected exposure is less than 5 days.
For more information, please access the fact sheet for the BD Veritor here.
- PCR/NAAT- Rapid- Accula Cost: $179/test
The Accula Rapid PCR is considered 98% accurate. This is the most sensitive test and the best for detecting if someone is asymptomatic. This is generally the gold standard for travel though we still recommend to check with your travel source for confirmation.
For more information, please access the fact sheet for the Accula Rapid PCR here.
- Both tests are performed with a nasal swab and the test is run on site.
- Results will be provided within 90 minutes per test. A pharmacist signed lab result can be provided in person or via email.
- Anyone experiencing respiratory symptoms will have their sample collected curbside.
- Tests can be scheduled online at meyerpharmacy.com.
- ALL TEST RESULTS WILL BE REPORTED TO THE STATE OF IOWA REPORTING SYSTEM.
- Tests are not billed to insurance. We will provide you with a receipt which you may use to turn in to your insurance to determine if they will cover the cost.
***No charge mail-in test kits may be available at the Bremer County Public Health Department. Contact the Health Department for details.***